27 Sep Navigating the Job Market: How a Staffing Agency Can Help You Find Your Next Opportunity
The process of finding a new job can be exhausting. Whether you’re brand new to town, new to working or unsure of what you want to do next, it can be really hard to know where to start, where to look and how to get going.
The good news is, you don’t have to do it all by yourself! Staffing companies, also called recruiters, can help you consider the pros and cons of different jobs, provide a resume review and skills assessments to better position yourself for open jobs and can help you be among the first people to apply to new positions when they become available — and the best part? It doesn’t cost you anything.
Here’s how working with a staffing company like LeadingEdge Personnel can help you move into your new job.
- Tell us what you’re interested in. When you sign up with a recruiter or staffing agency, we’ll ask questions about you. What’s your educational background? What’s your work experience? What do you like to do? What’s your dream job? All of that information can help us find opportunities aligned with your career goals along with your interests, leading to a position you like and a job where you’re not dreading getting out of bed in the morning.
- We can speed up the process. If you’ve ever put in a good word for someone — maybe a friend who’s interested in dating another friend of yours — you know that a referral can make a big difference in how someone is viewed and assessed. Staffing agencies can do that for job applicants. If there’s a job you’re interested in and your recruiter thinks you’d be a good fit, they can call up the company — their client — and give them a strong recommendation, pointing out key attributes and experiences you have that make you a candidate worth reviewing closely. A call like this is a very direct way to get your resume in front of people making the final decisions and can really help you get in good standing with the manager.
- We know the nooks and crannies of the hiring world. If you’re spending several hours a day looking for jobs, you’re only seeing the websites and companies you know about. Job boards can be limitless, which is both good and bad. Staffing agencies have information from the companies they work with, plus they have powerful tools at their disposal to search all over the internet to find the best opportunities for you. They might even have leads on remote jobs that you’d never find! Searching by yourself can quickly get frustrating as you’re seeing the same positions over and over again on different websites; staffing agencies can see much, much more at a glance and bring the best opportunities to you.
- See the forest and the trees. Even if your dream job isn’t available yet, or you don’t have all the skills and knowledge needed to land it, working with a staffing agency can help you get there. Our recruiters are employment experts and can use their insider knowledge to help land you a job that will provide training and new skills that will help you be prepared for when that dream job opens up. Plus, now that they know what you’re hoping to do with your career, our recruiters can keep you in mind for it when they see it!
- Gain confidence. When you sign up with a staffing agency like LeadingEdge, you’ll be connected with a team who wants to see you succeed. They’ll help you understand your strengths and abilities in ways you might not have considered before. They can help you realize potential you didn’t know you had. Their goal is to help you find a great job with a company that’s grateful to have you and will appreciate your hard work, making both their client and their customer – you – happy. Knowing you have a team cheering you on can really make a person feel good, competent and capable.
There’s strength in numbers and working with a staffing agency like LeadingEdge can help shift the odds in your favor. Why not take a look at the positions we have available, see if there’s something that sounds interesting, and then give us a call? Our services are free to you and we’re ready to help right away. Call LeadingEdge today to learn more!