20 Mar Legal Secretary
Intellectual Properties (Patent Prosecution) Legal Secretary
A nationally recognized law firm with offices in Atlanta, Washington, New York, Houston, Austin and Sacramento is seeking a full-time Patent Prosecution Legal Secretary for its Austin office.
* Proofread letters
* Patent cover page and claims
* Maintain and organize USPTO/client correspondence
* Drafting and editing documents
* Handling time entry for assigned attorney(s) and/or paralegal(s)
* E-file applications
* Prepare IDS (information disclosure statement)
* Obtain file histories of issued patents or published applications
* Calendaring, arranging meetings and travel
* Serving as attorneys’ liaison and assisting with various types of projects.
* Minimum of 5 years of Patent Prosecution experience is required.
* Candidates must have prior experience with the electronic filing process.
* Highly skilled with Microsoft Office programs, (Word, Outlook and Excel).
* Familiarity with document management software, such as iManage and/or FileSite, time
entry programs, specifically Elite Webview or DTE.
* Ability to work on multiple cases/projects simultaneously.
* Knowledge of client relationship management software, particularly InterAction, is strongly
* Possess strong administrative skills; proofreading and excellent typing abilities (70+wpm)
* Knowledge of general office and filing procedures
* Ability to concentrate on details and proceed with limited supervision
* Capability to work with a wide spectrum of individuals.
* Discretion and the capacity to maintain confidentiality with regard to all client and Firm matters
* A high school degree is mandatory. A college degree and law firm experience is strongly
The Firm’s success is measured by the quality of their people and their capabilities, diversity and effort. Therefore, we source and seek quality individuals from all backgrounds. If you wish to become a part of this talented professional team, please click on apply
This position is a temp to hire and will pay $30/hr
Please note: you only need to apply online once regardless of how many positions you are applying for.